- Develop entry-level skills in the operation of lodging, tourism, and food service
- Work individually and in teams to complete a variety of school and community projects
- Explore employment opportunities in a hands-on setting with professionals from the field
What can I do when I graduate?
What would I do in this class?
- Hotel employment
- Nursing home
- Customer service related jobs
- Banquet employee
- Laundromat attendant
What can I do with further training?
- Job shadowing with housekeepers at local hotels
- Event planning, banquet set up and serving throughout the year
- Laundry procedures for hotel, kitchen and restaurant linens
- Job shadowing with local nursing home employees
- Basic cleaning and home maintenance responsibilities
- Hotel Manager
- Event planner
- Restaurant Manager
Hospitality Services students must be able to
- Stand on own for several hours
- Withstand exposure to cleaning solvents
- Independently communicate basic needs
- Follow a minimum of three step instructions
- Independently read and follow safety signs
- Lift a minimum of 20 lbs.
- Independently maintain control of emotions and behaviors
- Identify five digit numbers in a sequential order
||1st Year - $25.00
2nd Year - $25.00
Scrub pants and top, white polo shirt with Buckeye Career Center logo, khaki pants, white tennis shoes (to be supplied by student)