This broad-based program prepares students to maintain medical records, code medical procedures and operations, assist health care professionals, manage the day-to day operations of a health care provider's office, and transcribe various medical reports. Insurance companies, Medicare, & Medicaid all utilize medical coding to track patient procedures and accounts. We offer a comprehensive curriculum covering ICD-9/ICD-10 and CPT coding procedures, in-depth medical terminology, and basic medical accounting, as well as transcription skills. Graduates qualify to sit for the Certified Medical Office Assistant exam.
What can I do when I graduate?
What would I do in this class?
- Insurance biller
- Basic coder (ICD and CPT)
- Medical records clerk
- Medical secretary/receptionist
- Patient registration/scheduler
What can I do with further training?
- Medical insurance billing/processing claims
- Medical records documentation
- Basic ICD-9 and CPT coding/encoding
- Medical terminology/anatomy
- Medical transcription
- Medical law/ethics/HIPPA
- Medical practice management software/EMR
- Basic business communications
- Certified coder with associates/bachelor degree
- Nurse (LPN/RN)
- Health technologist
- Medical administrator/practice manager
- Patient representative
- Healthcare social worker
|Instructors||Class Time||Class Duration||Total Cost|
|Nancy Grafe||M, T, W, Th |
September 14, 2020
|8:00 am– 3:00 pm||thru May 2021||Lab Fees1,850|