This program is designed to prepared for immediate employment in the performing arts field.
What can I do when I graduate?
What would I do in this class?
- Stage Hand
- Theatre Technician
- Props Specialist
- Touring Assistant
- Event Coordinator
- Lights and Sound Technician
What can I do with further training?
- Provide technical assistant for performances and events
- Learn theatrical terminology
- Setup and operate lights, sound, communications and video for performances
- Safely operate hand and power tools used in prop and stage construction
- Demonstrate acting and improve techniques used in on stage performance
- Production Manager
- Script Writer
- Stage Manager
To be successful in this field, Performing Arts students must be able to
- Withstand exposure to noise, dust, and hot lighting instruments
- Bending at the waist, kneeling, crouching
- Lifting and moving heavy objects
- Be physically fit for required lifting, reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally.
- Be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Mechanically inclined
- Dependable and works well with others